A sugar baby lifestyle may seem alluring with all its luxuries, financial support, designer clothes, and the opportunity to step into the private society. But before you start looking for a sugar daddy, you should develop realistic expectations. We’ll help you figure out what those expectations should be and then give you a step-by-step guide on how to become a sugar baby.
5 Best Sites to Become a Rich Sugar Baby in 2023
Things to know before becoming a sugar baby
Going into sugar dating you need to know at least essential things. How much does a sugar baby make? How long do sugar relationships last? Here is what you should know about the realities of becoming a sugar baby:
- Monthly allowance. On average, sugar babies $2,800 a month if the arrangement is allowance-based. The cost of allowance goes up in bigger cities, and relationships with sex are also high-priced than platonic relationships. But new sugar babies usually start with PPM (pay per meet) which is around $100-200.
- Longevity. Mutually beneficial relationships are not designed to be long: they run on a non-strings attached basis. Most sugar relationships last for 2-3 months. While it’s not possible to predict the future, it’s wise to be realistic when entering into a relationship with a sugar daddy.
- Not always safe. Some sugar daddies just pretend to be wealthy and want to benefit from sugar babies (financial scams, violence, usage just for sex, etc.). You always need to take safety precautions, even if you use a reliable sugar dating site.
These are important rules to keep in mind before you start looking for potential sugar daddies.
How to become a sugar baby: a step-by-step guide
Becoming a sugar baby is not hard. Here is a step-by-step guide for new sugar babies to make it right from the very beginning.
Understand peculiarities of sugar relationships.
Sugar dating is not the same as regular dating. That’s why you need to make sure that you understand the differences clearly, so you can set the right expectations.
Join only reliable dating sites.
For example, Seeking Arrangement has 2.5 million sugar babies who are college students, while Secret Benefits and Ashley Madison were created for more diverse types of dating, and therefore, you’ll meet sugar daddies who start dating for different reasons.
Create an attention-catching sugar baby profile.
Most sugar daddies spend only 5-7 seconds on a sugar baby profile. So, the most important thing is to grab attention with a profile photo and a flirty headline. Also, make sure to make your bio informative and add info about you and your expectations to attract the right type of sugar daddies.
Top sites, like Secret Benefits or Ashley Madison, have many sugar daddies and babies, which makes it impossible for one user to see each profile. So, don’t be shy—reach out to a sugar daddy who shares your interests and can provide the financial benefits you seek.
Make a clear mutually beneficial relationship agreement.
To enjoy sugar dating, you need to negotiate an agreement on the type of your sugar relationship, what each party expects, the size of financial compensation, number, and regularity of dates.
Communicate boundaries and limits.
One of the most important things about sugar dating is to talk about what you are comfortable doing and what not. Also, you can communicate some of your boundaries in your bio. For example, if you are into dating a significantly older man, you can state the age gap of 35-50 years for SDs.
Go on the first date with rich men.
It’s also known as ‘meet and greet’. Don’t forget that for the safety of the parties involved the first date must be in a public place. Going on dates is crucial for sugar dating. If you’re texting back and forth with a potential sugar daddy for weeks and still waiting for a meeting, you definitely should take your relationship to offline if you are not a platonic or online couple.
Now as you know how to become a sugar baby, learn how to search for a suitable sugar daddy effectively.
How to find a sugar daddy?
There are different ways you can meet a potential sugar daddy. But all of the options can be divided into two bi categories: online and offline. Let's explore all the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
Looking for a sugar daddy IRL
The first option for a young woman who wants to become a sugar baby is to look for wealthy men in real life. The option includes going to luxurious private clubs, restaurants, lounges, and other hot spots.
Meeting someone with money is not hard when you are going to fancy places, but the drawback is that you need to pay for dining or sometimes entrance. Also, you can't do even a minimum drawback check when you meet someone in a restaurant.
A much easier option to find a sugar daddy IRL is through recommendations. If you happen to know a sugar baby, she can potentially introduce you to a rich man who can become your first sugar daddy.
Sugar babies dating sites
This is the most popular way to get a sugar daddy is to join one of the sugar dating sites. A popular website with many sugar babies, daddies, and sugar mommas can help you:
- Become a sugar baby fast. Registering to a site like Ashley Madison or other websites on average takes under 10 minutes.
- Have wider choice. Meet many people who are interested in this type of relationship and are ready to follow the sugaring rules.
- Spend your time wisely. Search is pretty simple, as you can choose a sugar daddy who meets all your expectations.
The majority of new SBs choose the online option, as it makes searching for a sugar daddy easier. Popular platforms don't have many fake accounts and allow you to have fun, receive messages, and start sugar relationships even using your smartphone only. Also, you can find multiple SDs to make more money for your life.
Rules of being a sugar baby
Here are some rules of how to be a sugar baby that is worth exploring:
- 💞 Rule #1. Realistic expectations. Sugar dating is not looking for a husband. If you decide to become a sugar baby, you should understand that a sugar daddy may want to get the emotional connection and intimacy but it is unlikely to end in a traditional relationship.
- 💞 Rule #2. A sugar relationship is not prostitution. Some sugar relationships are platonic, other forms usually include sex. Everything depends on agreement, but a sugar baby is not receiving money and luxury gifts from older men for sex. It's a common stereotype.
- 💞 Rule #3. No-strings-attached basis. SDs want to get a sugar baby as they usually seek drama-free relationships. They want easy, fun sugar dating with no jealousy or problems.
- 💞 Rule #4. Discuss a money question right away. A person who wants to get a sugar baby and is ready to pay won't be against talking about money and paying at the beginning of the date. But a Salt daddy will do everything to assure that he'll pay after.
- 💞 Rule #5. A relationship eventually ends. A typical sugar daddy changes women quite often, as they quickly get bored, and that is a reality you need to accept. Don't get too emotionally involved. Some sugar relationships may last on for years, but they are quite rare.
These are 5 core rules to keep in mind before you'll register to a specialized site and go on your first sugar date.
Sugar baby guide on attracting sugar daddies
- Good self-care. Sugar babies are associated with attractive women for a reason, you always need to have smooth skin, be neat and wear sexy clothes. Invest in your beauty and body to attract the richest sugar daddy.
- Professional photos. Your site profile is your utmost important tool to spark interest. There is no need to make a professional photo shoot, but several high-quality sexy photos are a must-have.
- Flirt. Sugar dating is a game where you need to keep your SD interested on-site and IRL. Be easy-going, flirtatious, and charming to attract attention. Also, it's important to do everything to let a daddy have a feeling of emotional connection so that your relationship doesn't feel transactional.
Sugar baby tips for beginners
Even the most attractive sugar babies receive DMs from men who are sugar daddy wannabes. They don’t want to spend their money on women but want to benefit from them instead.
The most desired “targets” of those men are new sugar babies, as they are usually more naive. So how to protect yourself from such men? Here are a few tips for beginners on how to be a sugar baby online in 2023:
- Use only reliable sugar daddy dating sites. Pick a platform that has a big sugar dating community, positive professional reviews, as well as provides privacy and security for its users.
- Invest some time in creating an eye-catching profile. Add 5-7 good photos of you, make a flirty and catchy headline, and share your desires in your SB bio.
- Create a sugar baby nickname. It is important to be safe online. Until you have built some trust, it's best not to share any personal information. Never reveal your real name, address, or college to strangers, and use a nickname to protect your privacy.
- Don’t share your bank account information. Your desire to get some extra cash might be daunting, but there are other ways that a sugar daddy can send you money, such as PayPal, and money apps like Venmo, etc. If a daddy insists on getting your bank info, it’s a huge red flag.
- Always meet potential SDs in public places. Even if you think that this or that SD is a decent man, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. For the first few dates, choose public places and always have someone who knows when you are having a date, where you are going for this date, and when you are supposed to come back.
- If something feels off, don’t hesitate to stop communication. A big benefit of sugar relationships is that you don’t owe anyone an explanation. If you notice any red flags, this sugar daddy gives you the creeps, or he is too pushy, you can stop communication at any point and start searching for another sugar daddy, there are many fish in the sugar dating pool.
These are a few working tips on how to be a sugar baby online, follow them to stay safe and meet the very sugar daddy who will make you happy.
How to maintain safety & privacy as a sugar baby
Any relationship you start online can be potentially dangerous, and sugar dating is even riskier than blind dates. To stay out of trouble, use common sense and follow a few simple rules:
- Stick to anonymous online messaging tools. If the sugar daddy doesn’t want to keep using the sugar dating site, pick messengers that aren’t connected to your real email or phone number.
- Create and use a sugar baby persona. Pick a nickname or alias to use on the dating site, and do not share your real name until you feel 100% safe around the sugar daddy. And you’re not obligated to share your personal information beyond what you’re comfortable disclosing.
- Research your potential sugar daddy before the meeting. You can run his profile photo through an image search to find his social media accounts and learn his likes and dislikes. You can also try background check services like Garbo to ensure your date does not have a criminal history.
- Negotiate the arrangement specifics and set your boundaries. Sugar daddies may request you to participate in sexual activities or practice kinks, but you don’t have to do anything that makes you uneasy. So be clear about what you are and aren’t willing to do.
- Set up a secure first meeting. Always arrange to meet in a public place and tell your friends where you’re going and when you expect to get back. You should have a safe and fast way to get away from your date if you feel ill at ease. It may be safer not to take money for your first PPM until the end of the date so that you can get away anytime without feeling obligated to stay.
Unfortunately, there’s no universal recipe for avoiding creeps and fraudsters on sugar dating sites. So while you should remember these tips, listening to your gut is always a good idea. If you don’t feel right with a sugar daddy, there’s probably a reason for that, so avoiding him would be safer for you.
4 Tips to spot a fake sugar daddy
Despite their best efforts, sugar dating sites cannot protect you from salt daddies and scammers. You need to learn to spot the red flags, such as:
- Loyalty tests. Real sugar daddies will never ask you to send them a small fee to prove your intentions or loyalty, but scammers will. Even if the sum is as small as $10, do not agree and report the suspicious user to the website administration.
- Upfront payments. Be wary of anyone ready to wire you money before the meeting. It can be a way to steal your credit card details. And even if you spend the money, the bank may reverse the payment later if fraud is uncovered.
- Explicit requests. Although you may exchange nude photos or videos with your sugar daddy once you feel comfortable with each other, do not send compromising images to strangers. It’s a common blackmail tactic scammers use on dating sites.
- Sex-only conversations. Sugar dating is a relationship like any other. So if all your conversations revolve around sex and nothing else, you may be speaking to a salt daddy, especially if he avoids discussing the financial specifics of the arrangement.
Spotting a fake sugar daddy isn’t hard, but you need to pay attention to red flags and keep a cool head. And we recommend you block and report anyone you deem suspicious to stay safe and help other sugar babies avoid the same creeps.
Video - How to become a Sugar Baby (Tips & Tricks)
If you are young, attractive, and adaptive, it’s not that hard to become a sugar baby. Sugar relationships are often confusing for new sugar babies, and this can lead to misunderstandings waste of time, and money.
Learning the rules of the game in advance will help you avoid these problems. As long as you understand that this is a mutually beneficial relationship that can end anytime and you don’t have to regret it, you’ll enjoy sugar dating.
There are no particular requirements to be a sugar baby in terms of height, weight, or hair color, as SDs like different SBs. But to succeed in sugar dating, you should know the peculiarities of sugar arrangements, look neat and stylish, have a signature scent, and know how to talk to men as well as please them in bed.
It’s hard to tell if it’s easy to be a sugar baby, as everything depends on personal perception. To succeed in sugar dating, you have to invest in your appearance, work on your communication skills, and learn how not to get emotionally attached to your sponsor, which is not easy at all.
Sugar dating is not prostitution. In fact, it’s all about mutually beneficial relationships. As long as your sugar relationship is not just about getting paid for sex, it’s legal under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
As a sugar baby, you can make anywhere from $1,500 to $5,000 on a monthly allowance or $200-$500 on PPM. The average SB allowance is $3,000, but many things depend on the type of sugar relationship, your location, and, of course, your sugar daddy's generosity.
Yes, you can be an online sugar baby, as there are around 5-10% of cyber sugar daddies that look for a sugar baby without meeting. But keep in mind that it takes more effort to find an online-only SD.
From my experience, sites like SA to AM are the fastest way to become SB, but be cautious when choosing a SD, as there are lots of Splenda and Salty daddies and just creepers.
Thanx for such a detailed guide! I’ve heard a lot about sugar babying but frankly feel nervous. Any tips for a new SB TIA?
I’m a SB of 3 years, and the rules mentioned are the real deal. I would also add the importance of having emotional distance from a SD, as that’s where problems start.