Experienced sugar babies and sugar daddies agree that you shouldn’t jump into the world of sugar dating without knowing what you want from it. But what about those who are looking for mutually beneficial arrangements? What do they hope to get from a sugar daddy date? That’s what we’re going to discuss today.
3 Best websites to find real sugar partner in 2022
What do sugar daddies expect from a relationship?
As SD arrangements are mutually beneficial at the core, they dictate sugar daddy relationship expectations.
Even though no sugar baby-sugar daddy relationship is the same, here are the most common things that a sugar daddy expects:
- Companionship and authentic feelings. Contrary to popular misconception, companionship is the main among sugar daddy expectations. In fact, sugar relationships are almost identical to traditional ‘vanilla‘ relationships, and the only difference between them is that the sugar daddy pays sugar baby money for an emotional connection.
- Positive emotions and no drama. Another thing that every sugar daddy expects is freedom and ease of dating. It’s well known that relationships aren’t always easy. Some women expect men to be more romantic, passionate, attentive, etc. And sugar relationships give freedom from that.
- Honesty. Sugar dating is for people to know what they want and are not afraid to tell that they like to date a younger woman or are interested in having a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Intimacy. Sex is a part of the relationship expectations of around 90% of sugar daddies. But sexual intercourse happens only on mutual consent, as a sugar relationship is not sex work.
So, what do sugar daddies want? Romance, affection, intimacy, and companionship without any lies, problems, or negative emotions. Generally speaking, a sugar daddy expects nothing more from a sugar baby than he would expect from an ideal girlfriend.
What do sugar babies expect from a relationship?
Now when you know about common sugar daddy relationship expectations, let’s explore what most sugar babies expect from a potential sugar daddy.
- Financial support. An aspiring sugar baby seeks a monthly allowance or PPM to support her needs. Most of the SBs are college-aged and struggle to meet the means and pay tuition, rent, and pay off loans.
- Respect. Sugar babies don’t want to be treated like prostitutes. They expect their potential sugar daddies to treat them right, as they would in traditional dating.
- Perks of sugar lifestyle. Financial compensation from allowance is good, but many women start sugar dating to enjoy secret benefits of the sugar world, like career boosts, fun romantic dates, pampering, trips abroad, etc.
The stereotypical image of a SB is a young girl who wants just money, but an important thing that many SBs share from personal experience is building an emotional connection and getting a feeling that you are supported to build your life goals and achieve dreams.
The main differences seeking lifestyle expectation
Men who are new to sugar life might have wrong sugar daddy expectations, as well as women may guess wrong what a daddy expects. Let’s explore the main differences that sugar daddy and sugar baby might have in seeking arrangement lifestyle expectations and what problems might occur.
Sugar daddy expect a casual date, a baby wants romance
The media has created a stereotype that sugar dating is only about rooftop dates, and vacations in the Maldives, which creates wrong expectations. But if you read into more popular blog posts, you’ll see that many sugar daddies pick quite simple meetings and only in a long-term commitment make grand gestures. Such differences in expectations may lead to disappointment, but such a situation can be easily avoided if a SB and SD make a clear arrangement.
Sugar baby expects perks, a daddy is ready to provide a monthly allowance only
The key rule of sugar dating is that a baby should discuss financial aspects before agreeing to serious relationships. All daddies are different in their income and circumstances, and therefore can or want various arrangements. Also, there are many factors like the type of sugar relationship, location, and experience that dictate what a baby gets.
Sugar daddies don’t like their relationship to feel transactional, and even more, they don’t like babies who are constantly asking for more (especially for SDs who can’t provide more). It usually leads to a daddy changing a baby. To avoid such a situation, a sugar baby should always ask for what sugar daddy expects and can provide before jumping into a relationship.
Sex is only sugar daddy’s expectation
Almost every sugar daddy expect intimacy, as it’s a core thing of sugar arrangements. Only less than 5% of sugar arrangements are platonic or online only. A sugar baby should not be naive thinking that sugar daddies pay for nothing, they seek non-strings attached dating, fun dates, and ease of conversations, that they can’t get from regular dating. Being on the same page about intimacy is essential for positive experiences and sometimes even safety.
What to expect about your first sugar date?
A first sugar daddy date is called ‘meet and greet‘ and is almost the same as a regular date. The main goal of the first date is to see if both parties like each other and get a bit closer. Here is what usually happens on such dates:
- Chatting and getting closer
- Discussing rules of the arrangement
- Gifts for sugar baby (optional, but welcomed)
- Hugs and maybe kisses
- Getting money
And the thing that many are curious about is, sex is never a must, especially during the meet and greet.
What does a sugar daddy do?
Here are the main things that quality sugar daddies do to cover sugar baby expectations:
- Provide financial support on agreement (allowance or PPM)
- Plan fun time and cover dating expenses
- Creates trusting atmosphere
- Provide different benefits like luxury trips or presents
- If a daddy is a nice person, he might also offer mentorship
What does a sugar baby do?
If you wonder what do sugar babies do, here are the main things you need to know:
- Takes care of the flawless appearance
- Appreciates the help of her SD
- Respects and supports her SD
- Is ready to fulfill the sugar agreement
- Don’t develop romantic feelings
Sugar daddy and sugar baby relationships work when both parties agree and are ready to stick to their part of a mutually beneficial agreement.
Sugar daddy/baby experience (Expectation vs reality)
Knowing the rules of sugar dating and what things are commonly expected will help both sugar babies and daddies enjoy the benefits of the sugar lifestyle and avoid a bad experience. But the most important thing is to learn the dating expectations of a particular girl or man. If you want to start your sugar relationship, choose the top sites for sugar dating.
On average, sugar babies look for such things in a sugar daddy as financial support in the form of allowance or PPM, decent and respectful treatment, and all the perks of sugar dating (presents, vacations, fancy restaurants, high-end hotels, etc.)
A sugar baby should expect only those things she or he negotiated with their sugar partner. Not all sugar daddies provide many perks or regular paid vacations. This is why discussing your expectations with your SD is so important.
You should set your allowance expectations based on: your location, sugar daddy’s annual income, and type of sugar arrangement. On average, a traditional sugar baby gets around $3,000 of monthly allowance. At the same time, a platonic SB gets only around $1,000, and a professional SB gets $5,000+ per month as well as additional perks.