|Price||Basic $59 for 100 credits|
Classic $169 for 500 credits
Elite $289 for 1K credits
|♀ / ♂||65% female, 35% male|
|Good for||Sugar baby looking for sugar daddy, flirtatious chat|
|FREE features||You can register and create a profile for free|
Basic features are free, but communication requires a premium membership
Ashley Madison is a popular platform, but what about profiles, features, and prices? Is Ashley Madison worth it? There’s no need to read hundreds of Ashley Madison reviews to understand what this site has to offer to sugar babies and sugar daddies.
We have already tested it and collected feedback to present the results here, so just keep reading our Ashley Madison review.
Ashley Madison in 30 seconds
- Ashley Madison dating site is a unique platform for an extramarital affair, casual online dating, and sugar relationships regardless of sexual preferences
- Around 5-10% of members are interested not in a sexual relationship but in platonic or cyber sugar arrangements
- Ashley Madison profiles verification lowers the number of fake accounts, so you can find a real woman/man and avoid a scammer
- Ashley Madison makes searching for a suitable partner easy with search filters like age, location, height, etc.
- Most users add 3-5 photos, but they don’t share a lot of info on their Ashley Madison profile
- The only communication way is messaging, but you can exchange photos in-chat
- People on the Ashley Madison app like to initiate contact and seek real women and men for sugar dates, and are quick to turn online communication to actual sugar dates
- The dating platform is available in desktop version and also in a dating app
- The site works on a credit system. The Premium package on Ashley Madison starts at $0.59 per credit
- sugar daddies and sugar babies looking for mutually beneficial relationships
- people seeking extramarital affairs
- young girls and lonely housewives in search of a free sugar site
- people seeking love and marriage
|Ease of Use||4.8/5|
What can Ashley Madison offer?
Ashley Madison is a website created for attached people looking for an affair. Does it work for sugar daters? There are a lot of married sugar daddies and attached sugar babies, and most of them are looking for a site that would help them stay safe when looking for a match online. So yes, it works for sugar daters, too.
However, you should also consider that though the site has a huge number of members (there are over 20M users in the US), you need to indicate what type of relationship (sugar dating) you are looking for.
How to become an Ashley Madison member?
Becoming an Ashley Madison member is fairly easy. Like on most other international platforms, you’ll need to provide some basic details:
- Email address
- Gender & marital status
You’ll also be able to provide more information to make your profile more detailed and take photos (by the way, you can make your pics discreet). Note that registration is free for all, and all the ladies can use all the features, including messages, for free.
So, even if you are a sugar momma, you don’t have to pay for interaction with sugar babies.
Tips on Ashley Madison website profile pictures
Around 80% of people choose matches solely based on appearance, which makes the photos that you pick for your profile very important. Here are a few tips on profile pics that we gathered, making our Ashley Madison review that will help you become popular.
- Don’t even think about not adding a photo. It won’t be taken as mysterious but will have the opposite effect, as the majority of fake profiles don’t add photos.
- 5-7 high-quality photos are the optimal range. Most of Ashley Madison’s popular members stick to this range, as it provides a variety of angles, but at the same time is not seen as spam.
- Don’t use photos that you have already used on other dating sites. Keeping your identity private is of utmost importance online. Pick photos that you haven’t uploaded to public social media profiles and other dating sites profiles.
Follow these easy tips and you’ll attract compatible married women and men, or young girls and male sugar babies.
Who is really signed up here?
|Most visited by||The USA|
|Average age of female and male users||23-27 for female, and 38-47 for male|
|Members activity||North America, Australia|
Members of the Ashley Madison app
Members, their number, and gender ratio, is another important point to discuss, so we couldn’t miss it in our Ashley Madison dating site review. As we’ve already noted, it’s an incredibly popular platform—now it has over 22 million members, and about 70% of them are men, which makes it stand out from other sugar platforms.
Female sugar babies are able to not only send messages for free, but also avoid fierce competition they would face on other websites.
How can I look for matches on AshleyMadison.com?
There is a Discover feature that you can use to find matches on the site. You can use the following filters:
- Basic—location, distance, age range, public/private photos, new members
- Additional filters—weight, height, ethnicity, limits (type of relationship that a user is looking for)
Unfortunately, you can’t save your search results, but you can like profiles and add them to Favorites.
Speaking of profiles, they are not so detailed, but that’s easy to understand—attached people looking for new relationships try not to provide too much information not to be recognized.
Still, the vast majority of members provide some basic info like:
- Short self-description
- Vitals—gender, looking for, age, language, ethnicity
- Interests & desires
There are public and private photos, and some users prefer to blur their pics. Still, you can ask any user to send their real photo in private messages.
Avoid fake profiles and bots
No dating site can’t guarantee 100% safety. But by knowing the common red flags, you can avoid the Ashley Madison scam. Here are a few tips on how to avoid fake profiles and bots.
- Keep an eye on repeating photos or many grammar mistakes on Ashley Madison’s profile
- See if there is a verification mark on the online dating site profile
- Pay attention if chatting doesn’t seem automated or doesn’t add up
During our review we haven’t noticed many fake profiles, but there are many people that choose not to share a lot of info or don’t add any photos.
Latest AshleyMadison user experiences & reviews
What free features are available to users?
What can men who create their Ashley Madison accounts do without credits? They can:
- Edit their profile
- Upload pics and make them discreet
- Use search
- Browse profiles and view public photos
- Contact support
So, there are many free features, but the thing is non-paying male users can’t contact others without upgrading their accounts.
What are the Premium features?
Ashley Madison members can purchase credits to use the following features:
- Boost their profiles
- Send messages
- Send gifts
Again, ladies can send messages for free. However, they can’t have their profile highlighted on search results without paying. There are much fewer female members on the platform though, so basically, ladies don’t have to do it to make their profiles stand out.
Making contact on Ashley Madison
After you find a suitable partner, you can make contact directly through the search by pressing a special button under the user profile, or you can visit a particular user and start communication in a chat tab.
- Male members need to spend money on communication
- Live Chat is the only contact way
- Messaging is free for female members
- The payment system works for any credit card
As on many online dating sites, male members have limited free communication. The online dating site runs on a credit system that allows men to use Ashley Madison chat only after purchasing credits:
- Regular massage—9 credits
- Priority mail—14 credits (appear above all in Messages)
Regular chat works great and helps to save your money, but more male members use the Priority man feature to stand out among competitors.
How much does Premium on Ashley Madison cost?
Is AshleyMadison expensive or cheap? It depends on how many services you use, how often you use them, and how many Ashley Madison credits you need to buy. As for the costs, they are as follows:
There may be discounts for new and regular members—join the site to see if there are any.
Pros & Cons
- Easy-to-use website
- Tens of millions of members all over the world
- People looking for casual and sugar relationships
- Discreet dating
- The site is free for women
- Anonymous mode
- Mobile app is available
- Not all profiles are detailed
- Some members are just looking for cyber affairs
- No premium membership plans, male members have to buy credits
Ashley Madison review: Personalization and specialties
Not many dating sites in such a niche offer profile personalization, but Ashley Madison helps members who have particular preferences to communicate their needs. But the majority of users don’t fill every field of their page and provide only basic information.
- The majority of information on the site is optional to fill
- Asley Madison offers a blurring filter for users who want to stay private
- Making updates to your profile is free
To enjoy married dating, a married man or an open-minded woman can share such info:
- Greeting. Similar to headlines on online dating sites that work like a hook of attention to potential dates.
- Photo gallery. Here is where you can upload public and private photos.
- About me. That’s where people can write a few lines about themselves, what they do, and seek.
- Vitals. Most dating sites have such sections where other users can see their marital status, age, location, height, weight, and other basic information.
- My interests and desires. Here is the place where users can share what type of relationship they are interested in and who they want to meet on Ashley Madison. Also, you might hint that you like to receive real or virtual gifts to attract a certain category of people.
That’s basically everything that you can add to your profile. You can see how much you want to fill in from the very beginning. As with other sites, Ashley Madison allows you to change and update the information later on for free.
Tips on filling in your Ashley Madison profile
We gathered some advice on creating a profile that stands out among other users:
Take your time to fill in your profile and choose good photos (don’t use photos from years ago)
Go through profile verification to appear more trustworthy
Use the priority man feature for a special highlight
All online dating sites have peculiarities and knowing how to do it on Ashley Madison will help you become popular and reach more potential dates.
So, how does Ashley Madison work? First and foremost, this is an affair website. However, if you look through the profiles, you’ll see a lot of members with usernames like SugarBaby111, SugarDaddy Atlanta, etc.
There are pretty many sugar daters who just want to find dates discreetly. On top of that, it’s completely free for ladies.
So, if you are attached or if you don’t mind dating an attached sugar partner, Ashley Madison might be a pretty good option for you.
Yes, this is one of the oldest affair websites—it was launched in 2001, and since then, it has attracted tens of millions of members worldwide. Now it’s known not only as a reputable site for extramarital affairs but also as a sugar dating platform.
Yes! Ashley Madison is for sugar babies, young single ladies, as well as married individuals who are open to mutually beneficial relationships. But Ashley Madison is also used as a hookup site, as there are users who seek casual encounters.
To find a sugar daddy on Ashley Madison, you need to register, create your SB dating profile, add a good profile picture, make a catchy headline, and communicate your desires in your bio. Also, be active—utilize search tools, approach men you like, and actively respond to messages to pick SD for first dates.
Most Ashley Madison reviews see it as a sugar dating site, as many Ashley Madison users are looking for sugar arrangements, but the platform is actually more than that. It's good for people looking for affairs, casual meetings, and NSA dating regardless of relationship status.
Yes, it does. Especially if you are looking for discreet sugar relationships! The platform lets users create profiles easily, offers some great special features like profile boost, and standard features like messaging for a reasonable price.
So, is Ashley Madison legit? Of course, Ashley Madison is a legitimate website. It is based in Toronto and has been in the international dating market since 2001.
Though the site had some safety issues in the past, such as the 2015 data breach, the company has significantly improved its security system. Since then, there have been no accidents or complaints from members of the community.
Yes, if you are a female member—messaging is free for women. However, if you want to use special services, for example, highlight your profile on search results, or if you are a male member, you will need to buy credits.